Find a Home

Here you will find information on securing yourself a new home. You can find out about how to get yourself on the common housing register, what to do if you are threatened by homelessness, and how to transfer or exchange from your current home.

Applying to the common housing register

Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council (BGBC) and the four main housing associations that operate in the County Borough (Tai Calon Community Housing, Linc Cymru, Melin Homes and United Welsh) have set up one housing register so that people will be able to apply for social rented housing by making one application. This register is called the Blaenau Gwent Common Housing Register. Find out more

Homelessness or threatened with homelessness

Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council (BGBC) has a duty to provide assistance and advice to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. This may include finding temporary accommodation whilst permanent accommodation is sought. Find out more

Tenant Transfer

Tenants may transfer from one Tai Calon property to another. We will usually only do this if you have a good reason for needing to be re-housed, such as if you are affected by the Welfare Reform Act, or your home is too big or too small* for your household. Find out more

Mutual Exchange

This is a way of swapping your home with another Tai Calon tenant or a tenant of another housing association or council who also wants to move. They might live in another part of the county borough or another local authority area. Find out more

Right to Buy and Right to Acquire

You may be able to buy your current home, depending on certain circumstances. Find out more

Properties to Let

View the properties we have to let.